Tuesday 5 April 2016

The Tick vs The Hulk
One of my favourite comic/cartoons, that I find to be hugely underrated (probably the wrong word to use, but I guess I just want to avoid using the term 'mainstream', as it actually has quite a large fanbase), is The Tick. Created by cartoonist Ben Edlund in 1986 (my birth-year!) as a newsletter mascot for the New England Comics chain of Boston area comic stores, the Tick is an absurdist spoof of comic book superheroes.

With nigh-invulnerability, super strength, Oxygen independence and (best of all) "drama power" which allows The Tick's powers to increase as the situation becomes more dramatic. Brilliant.

Anyway, here is my depiction of The Tick fighting the jolly green giant, The Hulk.  

The Tick vs The Hulk

The Tick vs The Hulk Photoshop Touchup

Author, Artist, Presenter/Host for Podcast vs Player, Video Editor, Graphic Designer.

Let's Talk!

Contact Me
Callum Povey
@PODCASTvPLAYER
United Kingdom