Thursday 8 June 2017

Captain America - Deco Grunge Poster


I'll admit, I was never a huge Cap fan, he was a cool character and all, and I loved the early war interactions with Logan a lot, but I never really got the urge to jump into any Captain America comics all that often (although Ed Brubaker’s Winter Soldier saga was pretty damn good!), but I think Chris Evans is doing an amazing job as Steve Rogers -- so much so, that I actually rate Captain America a hell of a lot more.

Anyway, I decided to do a kind of Deco Grunge war type poster, showing Cap about to take on the Red Skull in a trench.

Why he's in a trench I don't know, but I thought it made it seem more war era. Overall, I did the peice a little too dark, and trying to lighten it up made it look a bit jarry, so it's how it is.

I'll be revisiting this piece at some point, as I think it could be a lot better.

But, as always, all done in Photoshop and Krita, with a Wacom Intuos Pro, mouse and keyboard.


Author, Artist, Presenter/Host for Podcast vs Player, Video Editor, Graphic Designer.

Let's Talk!

Contact Me
Callum Povey
@PODCASTvPLAYER
United Kingdom