Wednesday 7 June 2017

Guardians of The Galaxy - Minimalist-Deco Poster



Following my Wonder Woman and Spider-Man deco posters earlier this week, next up is the Guardians of the Galaxy!

The second film, generously titled Guardians of The Galaxy Volume 2 came out recently, and also the Telltale video-game  arrived on the scene to offer a different take on the crew (providing you don't read comics and the movies are all you've got to go on!), and so, I thought I'd slap in the Awesome Mix and do a Guardians Poster.

It originally started as purely a Starlord piece, as I'm a big fan of Peter Quill's awesome helmet, but, then I figured that a Guardians of the Galaxy piece should have the whole team on.

But then another snag. It was meant to be a minimal deco piece, and so I didn't want the whole team taking up the page, and as Starlord was already finished (and really, too detailed to be considered 'minimal'), I decided to do the rest of the team as little space silhouettes.

FUN FACT: The style of the font I did is actually based very closely on another Marvel Super-hero team, Big Hero 6. 


As always, all done in Photoshop and Krita, with a Wacom Intuos Pro, mouse and keyboard.


Author, Artist, Presenter/Host for Podcast vs Player, Video Editor, Graphic Designer.

Let's Talk!

Contact Me
Callum Povey
@PODCASTvPLAYER
United Kingdom