Sunday 11 June 2017

Lion King Art Deco Poster

I've said it before and I'll say it again; The Lion King is one of my favourite Disney movies. It was a pretty big deal, and still holds up as a great film today.

For this piece, I wanted to try and capture as much of the feeling of the movie in one simple piece. Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to get any of the darker drama in there without it looking out of place, so I went with a more simple "He's a baby, now he's older" vibe.

So, we see Simba being held over Pride Rock by Rafiki as Mufasa and Sarabi look on proudly, all encompassed in a silhouette of an older Simba.

As always, all done in Photoshop and Krita, with a Wacom Intuos Pro, mouse and keyboard.


Author, Artist, Presenter/Host for Podcast vs Player, Video Editor, Graphic Designer.

Let's Talk!

Contact Me
Callum Povey
@PODCASTvPLAYER
United Kingdom